POLICE BLOTTER FOR THE WEEK 21 NOV- 26 NOV 2013
- Theft (Arrest) –.On 11/22/2013 at 11:53PM Ptl. Jonathan Sperber responded to the area of Sand Rd in reference to a suspicious person call involving two subjects. Upon arrival Pt. Sperber observed a male in the area which fit the description of one of the males reported by the caller. Sgt. Papa, Sgt. Robert Paul and Ptl. Robert Ashton also responded. Further investigation revealed the subjects were attempting to steal home air conditioning units from occupied homes. Further, the subjects were also in possession of stolen cast iron which was also found to be stolen from a nearby residence. As a result, Casey Sinopoli 18, of Lacey Twp. was charged with three counts of theft . A juvenile was also taken into custody for this incident.
- Motor Vehicle Burglaries (Arrest) – On 11/23/2013 at 5:03AM, residents of Dolphin Circle called to report of two males entering vehicles and sheds. Det. Joseph Santoro arrived in the area a short time later and observed a male hiding behind a pool in one of the yards. The suspect fled on foot but was apprehended a short time later. The juvenile subject was taken into custody and juvenile charges are pending.
- DWI Arrest- On 11/23/2013 at 10:40 PM Ptl. D.J. Williams and Ptl. Jason Malley responded to 445 Rt. 9, Berkeley Plaza, for a report of an erratic driver. A vehicle description was given by the caller. Upon their arrival the vehicle was located and a female driver was observed slumped over in the driver’s seat. Further investigation found the female, identified as Jamie Pinder 23 of Toms River, to be under the influence of alcohol. Pinder was placed under arrest and transported to police H.Q. Pinder was uncooperative during the process and was eventually transferred to Community Medical Center. Sgt. Phil Smith also assisted.
- Theft Arrest- On 11/24/2013 at 4:09PM Ptl. Michael Tier was on patrol near the area of CG Landscaping 318 Rt. 9. It was at this time that Ptl. Tier observed a male, later identified as Philip Castellano 32 of Bayville, taking firewood from the business. It was determined that Castellano did not pay for these items. Castellano was arrested and charged with theft. Castellano was released on a summons.
- Robbery Arrest- ON 11/25/2013 at 9:25PM, Ptl. Patrick Stesner and Ptl. John Houghkirk responded to the Rite Aid located at 416 RT 9 in reference to a shoplifting incident. Upon arrival Store management advised that a female later identified as Samantha Cannella 25 of Bayville, had stolen approximately $100.00 worth of merchandise. When confronted Cannella attempted to escape by pushing the loss prevention officer and store manager into a security device which caused $1,800 worth of damage. Canella was arrested and charged with robbery and criminal mischief. Bail was set at $5,000 with the10% option. Cannella was transported to the Ocean County Jail.
- Burglaries- On 11/25/2013 residents of Westbrook Drive reported their homes were forcibly entered while they were not home. The residents reported items to include jewelry and cash were stolen. Ptl. Jonathan Mulvihill, Ptl. Michael Tier and Det. Scott Stoker investigated. They were assisted by the Ocean County Sheriff’s Department and CIU assisted.
- Drug Arrest- On November 26th 2013 Ptl. Patrick Stesner and Ptl. John Houghkirk responded to the area of Rt 9 and Moorage Ave for a motor vehicle crash. The driver, identified as Megan Callahan 30 of Bayville, was later found to be in possession of a hypodermic syringe. Callahan was charged with possession of this syringe and was released on summons.
- Motor Vehicle Crash- On 11/26/2013 at approximately 1913 hrs, Sgt. Brian Woermer, Ptl. Patrick Stesner and Ptl John Houghkirk responded to Rt.9 and Frederick Drive for a motor vehicle crash involving a pedestrian struck. The pedestrian a 42 year old female from Bayville was transported to Jersey Shore medical Center for a head injury. The driver, Carol Sedilo of Bayville was not cited at this time. Heavy traffic, low visibility poor lighting as well as poor weather were all contributing factors to this crash. Ocean County Sheriff’s Department CIU, the Ocean Gate Police Department, Bayville Fire Department, Bayville First-Aid and MONOC paramedics also assisted.
This article was written by Webmaster